Sunday 17 October 2010

Stats Update: 17/10/10

Right, how did I do?

Weight: 201lbs - 91.3kg
BMI:     26.4
Body Fat:  25.1%, 22.9kg
Lean weight: 68.4kg

Analysis: Body fat check on the machine is damned inaccurate.  I've lost circa 5kg of muscle in two weeks?  Hell, I haven't been laid up in bed.

Reason of course for the swing is last time I checked my stats was post exercise.  This time, pre-exercise.  This is pain in the ass but the start of projects are all about learning.  I'm learning not to trust the body fat calculator and am considering buying some calipers.

On a more positive note, I dropped a pound.  It's in the right direction, but not by enough.

Conclusions:  I slacked off last week.  1 session?  Lazy bugger.  I made excuses for myself and skipped way too much.  Thursday was a decent workout but 1 in a week is nowhere near enough.  Additionally, I've been indulging in food and drink.  Bakewell tarts, more drink than I planned.  This weekends idea of just a glass of wine are shot.

This week, I'm going to be swapping the porridge for fruit, lunches are omelette's or scrambled egg on toast.  Gym at least 3 times during the week, hopefully four because next weekend I'll be away from home to watch the mighty Worcester Warriors beat Cornish Pirates. 

Other changes will be to take my weigh ins on Thursdays rather than Sundays.  Drinking bloats me and screws the numbers up, and as my weekend drinking fluctuates it I can't get the best reading.  Gonna take a look at amazon's calipers.

So, missed my goal.  This just means I'll have to work harder.  Slap down on the weekday snacking and keep up the training.

No comments:

Post a Comment