Wednesday 6 October 2010

Day 1...

With yesterday being the start of my big push towards being a lean, mean fighting machine I thought I'd layout my eating, training and just general thoughts so far.  I won't do this for every day as no one wants to read a list of what I eat every day right?  But on occasion I'll go through it so I can see where I'm unnecessarily slacking off.

Diet

So in rough order of eating:
  • Porridge (50g), handful of raisins and a teaspoon of raw honey (good stuff if you can get it)
  • 1 Banana
  • 1 slice of homemade apple cake
  • Tuna sandwiches (1 tin of tuna in sunflower oil, drained, 4 slice of bread, butter)
  • 3 Dates
  • 1/2 slice more apple cake...
  • 2 potato waffles, a little Nandos ketchup
  • 1 teaspoon of high quality, sugar free peanut butter (post gym)
  • Home-made chilli with 2 tacos
Supplemented by:
  • 3 litres of water through the day, 1.5 litres during and immediately following training
  • Home-made lemonade, just 1 squeezed lemon and 2 pints of water
  • 1 teaspoon unsulphered, black strap molasses (thank you Bova)
  • 1 small capsule cod liver oil
I'm going to excuse myself for the first slice of cake; I'd given a colleague at work some apples from my family-in-law's tree, which she had used to make an apple cake with.  So clearly I'm off the hook for eating here, I needed to see how good it was.  And it was beautiful, so I'm happy with it.  The 1/2 slice was gratuitous but I don't care too much, cake won't be sat on our desks every day so it's not going to be a recurring thing.  Other than that, the waffles could have been swapped for something else.  They were a pre-gym snack so I didn't go in empty and fall off the bike, but I could use something else.  Typically, I do.  Lately it's been Ryvita with thinly spread cream cheese.  Fibre and fats to control my hunger and stabilise my bloody sugar.  However it's getting dull so I'll have to find something new.

Otherwise, all fine as far as I'm concerned.

Training:
  • 2000m Rowing warm up (9m 34 seconds, approx 110kcals)
  • Spinning, interval setting (57 minutes including cooldown, little over 690kcals)
No body work today, back still aching a little from the weekend.  Will do it tonight.  In reality, I should incorporate stretching after this, and a little core work (bridging, planks, maybe some swiss ball work will do).

That's it for the day.  Over 800 calories burned, more than enough to account for the sins of cake and waffle.  Although I didn't take the eating too seriously, I'm happy for it.  Little breaks like that every now and then are good for the soul if not for the body.  Onwards and upwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment