Wednesday 20 October 2010

Spartan Recovery

So yesterday I recovered at the gym.  I dropped the rowing warm up and just leapt into the saddle instead.  The e-spinner has a warm up on it anyway so it's not poor form of me.  It did mean a strong session on the bike, 680kcals in 57mins.  I'm thinking of it as a recovery because I did two days of hard sessions prior so I needed something a little lighter so as to not exhaust myself.  Same time, I'm not comfortable with missing a session this week with the weekend coming up.

I think I should try to keep that kind of mindset.  Just because it's a recovery day doesn't mean I should give up for 24 hours.  It doesn't always have to be the gym.  Tennis, bike ride, a brisk walk even.  Hell 4 hours of shopping with the wife is decent exercise.  But the important thing is to do something.

On a positive note to myself, I may not be losing weight quickly but you could break iron bars over my thighs they're so hard these days.  Now if only the same could be said for my belly....

No comments:

Post a Comment