Monday 25 October 2010

HEEEAAAAAAAVE!


(Picture stolen from the Warriors Website.  If this pic is yours and you object to it being here, I'll drop it)


First story of the day, Worcester Warriors lost to Cornish Pirates 21-23.  Completely deserved in terms of quality; we left ourselves open and got a two try kick in the nuts in the first half.  We came back to lead but a penalty in the last few minutes gave it to Pirates.  More dubiously however was the time the game stopped.  The board the entire stadium was watching showed 77 minutes when the Pirates kick went over for the end of the game (and though I wasn't paying attention, I heard someone say 4 minutes had been added for all the rolling around on the floor the Pirates were doing).  Atrocious.  Still, we're still leading the Championship by a few points.  This loss might sharpen us up after our winning streak.  Should never get complacent.

Speaking of complacent, this weekend was not the washout fitness wise I expected.  Nothing on Friday as that was the match, bit I did 40 mins on an exercise doing steady state work (actually able to do it without falling asleep as it was at home so focused on some English Civil War documentary).  According to the bikes figures I'd burned near 700 calories, and the sheen of sweat everywhere makes me think it's probably close.  On Sunday, a trip to David Lloyd Bromsgrove involved a medium pace 2k row (8:44, 120kcals dead on) followed by 60 mins on an exercise bike.  Bike was set to heart rate intervals.  Good slog, 740kcals.  You could wring my t-shirt out by the end, like you always should by the end of your (CV) workout. 

Food was pretty controlled too.  Beef sandwiches and soup on Friday before match, good on Saturday though we did go out for an Indian (definitely worth it) and Sunday with was peppered steak and ratatouille bake.  Drunk a few glasses of wine (Cote du Rhone and Fleurie, delicious) on Friday, more than I intended, Saturday only had a couple of glasses of wine and a couple of half lagers (halves!!!!  diet is turning me into a Southern Fairy.  It'll be shandies next) despite curry.  On Sunday it was a couple of glasses of Prosecco (yum) and a couple more Cote du Rhones.  So sure I drunk but nowhere near what I expected.  Hell I didn't even have a beer at the rugby which borders on sacriledge.  I'm surprised at my willpower in the face of regular offers of drink which all things accounted for stood up well.

Oh yeah, I also ate mine and my dearest's Angel Slice.  You may think it cheating but she's also trying to cut back on the junk so I took the hit on her behalf.  I'm a gentleman like that.

Haven't weighed in, will do so on the Thursday session this week I think.  I'm expecting better news this time than last, though this will be a shorted period before weigh in than last time.

Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment