Tuesday 19 October 2010

Back in the swing

This week has gotten off to a good start.  I had a strong session on Sunday, got my 2k rowing warm up down to 8.30, followed by by a sweaty session on the e-spinner.  800kcals> burned.  Last night, warm up was done in 8.13.  Damned hard work, felt like I was gonna burst at one point.  Brilliant.  Then another load of hard work on the bike.  830kcals> burned.  What's more, I still felt pretty good at the end.  I could have hopped on the tread mill for half an hour.  I didn't of course, I'm not some kind of mental person.

Food has been alright too. Okay on Sunday I did have half a bottle of Malbec and an Angel Slice after dinner, but it was the weekend.  Yesterday I started with the fruit.  Couple of apples, banana, orange.  Spread out between 8:00-12:00.  Didn't feel hungry at all.  As I'm typing this on Tuesday though, I'll note I do feel a bit hungry now.  Scrambled egg on toast for lunch, small yoghurt pre-gym, steak (150g roughly) with jacket potato, mangetout and grean beans for dinner.  I did make a garlic sauce for the steak which was just butter and garlic.  Lots of both.  However I restrained myself and didn't use much.  Fattening, but good for the fat soluble vitamins.  Had maybe 2-3 dates across the day too.  All my usual supplements.  I've also started taking Psyllium Husk capsules during the week.  I don't think I'm getting enough fibre atm.  I'll just use them for a couple of weeks continuously then cut back to maybe a couple of days a week.

Providing no illness, injury or other mishap gets in the way, I'll be at the gym another three times this week.  The weekend is gonna be too busy (WAAAAAAARRRRRRIIIIIIOOOORRSSSS) for the gym so I'll need to make this proceeding week count.

No comments:

Post a Comment