Saturday 9 October 2010

Lovely lovely drink

Well as soon work was up my weekend started, and this weekend I'm not gonna worry too much about diet and training.  Thus, I had my first drink since last Sunday.  To be accurate, half of a large bottle of Becks, 1 Desperado, 1 Godfather (JD, Amaretto and Coke over ice), 1 pint of Franziskaner (sp?) , 1 large bottle of Leffe Blonde (750ml) and a third of a bottle of Lindemanns Bin 50 Shiraz.  Restrained I think.  No headache or dehydration next morning, but then I did sleep till 11.30...

Diet not amazing but then the food was good.  Porridge, honey and raisin start as usual.  6" Spicey Italian sub with lettuce,onion & jalapenos for lunch.  Vit C added water (stupid me didn't check the ingrediant till nearly finished and the stuff has sugar in.  Why do they stick this crap in products advertised as healthy??).  4 mini duck spring rolls, about 4 dates.  Dinner was a home-made pizza to myself, so calorie intake will be high but at least I know there's no shit in it.

No training yesterday but Saturday is going better.  Healthy (lol, yeah right) bacon sandwich with obligatory HP, OJ and coffee.  Raisin and nut breakfast bar.  1 portion whey protein with 125mls milk.  2 mini duck spring rolls.  Plus, I did go to the gym.  2000m rowing warm up (110kcals), 32min race day training on e-spinner (450kcals), dips (3x8 bodyweight) and bicep curls (1x8 10kg, 2x8 12.5kg).  Planks, ab curls, lower ab vertical kicks, stretches.  Training was okay, didn't feel brilliant because last nights drinking has dicked around with my sinuses as usual.  But still, training is training. 

I've started added 30ml liquid aminos to my water during training following my reading of the linked article.  I'm hoping that my recovery will be quicker using this.  We'll see.

Not planning to drink much tonight and hopefully won't go nuts tomorrow (probably can't afford it, the hotel isn't exactly cheap).  I'll report back on Monday or Tuesday on what's happened.  Hopefully not too bad....

No comments:

Post a Comment