Thursday 7 October 2010

Quote of the Day

I like quotes to keep me motivated, so I thought I'd start posting occaisional ones here that relate to training, or life in general.

"You cannot plough a field by
turning it over in your mind."
Author Unknown

I like that.  That encapsulates for me so much of why I haven't reached physical aspirations I've held for so long.  I will find myself worked up and ready to make a change.  I read vast quantities of material surrounding my goals so I know how to get there.  I plan how I will do it.  And then....I don't follow through.  I give up, or lose interest at least, and never apply what I have learned (for very long anyway).  But training the body is not a short term thing.  It takes a great deal of hard work to reach your goals, and then the same again to keep the results. You will never get where you want to be by merely dreaming about it.

Which leads to a now kind of cheesey but very apt quote: Just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment