Tuesday 12 October 2010

Chasing the wagon

My anniversary was great.  The Swan Hotel was brilliant as usual, especially considering they were hit by severe floods not after we were married there.  The staff are outstanding, the food (and drink) is amazing and the prices are bowel looseningly expensive.  But worth it.  Also if your in the area this is well worth a look in.  The lake by Grasmere is somehow even more beautiful than Windermere itself too.

Right now, that's all the plus side.  The damage?  Well, a cursory check on the scales show's I'm back where I started.  Bollocks.  However, as I didn't actually overeat I'm going to presume it was the booze what did it.  Fair bit of beer, lots of wine, some spirits, cocktail etc all add up.  With a bit of luck, the extra weight will be water weight bloating me, so I can sweat it out in the gym and this will come off with some speed.  If it's not looking great by Friday morning I'll either go t-total for the weekend or close enough (1 glass of wine in the evening with my meal).  That should put me back on track for my weigh in on Sunday/Monday.

Back to the gym first time since Saturday morning tonight.  The two day break should have left me well rested so I can go for a good session tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment