Tuesday 2 November 2010

Good day bad day

I didn't post how my Sunday went so I'll roll it into my notes on yesterday.

Food - Bacon sandwich (1 rasher, slice of tiger bread, butter, dash of HP), too much extra bread (but I'll be damned if I let tiger bread go to waste) with peanut butter (organic unsugared stuff) and jam.  Rhubarb yoghurt.  Dinner of corned beef pie (1 slice of, little HP).  Went a bit nuts on the bread but it was the weekend so no big worry.  I did have a couple of diet cokes while at the pub watching the Newcastle-Sunderland match (haha, 5-1.  The thing we Smoggies and the Geordies can agree on is how much we hate Sunderland FC).  I don't want to drink too much of the stuff but it's that, water or beer so I thought I'd take the middle ground.  Anyway, it's the weekend.  Oh yeah, and it was Halloween and we had some stuff in, so I had a cupcake.

Training - Well, all that carb loading was good for something.  Good session running.  Opened with my 2k row, did under 8:30.   Onto the tread mill, 6k 5 min warm up.  Improved my cycle - 2 mins quick walk (7.0), 1.5 mins medium pace (9.0) followed by 1.5 mins good pace (12.0).  When I felt stronger in the run, I shortened the medium pace and did 2 mins on 12.0.  Did 45 mins total on treadmill.  This may not be hugely impressive to some but I'm happy to see myself slowly getting better.  Followed the CV by dips, chins, planks, reverse planks and frog crunches.  After that quick dip in the pool and a 5 min steam.  Fun day at the gym.

So not a bad day all in all, especially for a Sunday where the main temptation is to stay in bed as long as possible before rolling out of bed for the match and a beer.  Followed up by junk food, bottle of wine and other assorted booze.  Well that's my kind of Sunday anyway.

The title of this post was good day bad day, so you can probably guess what happened.  I wasn't feeling great (understatement) so I came home after a couple of hours work.  I'd had some fruit at work (banana, pear), but got home and had slice of corned beef pie.  Then later I had the nub end of the tiger bread with some spicey chicken strips.  Later, we had our pasta pesto and a whole bunch of cakes.  And two bottles of Pinot Grigio between us.  And no gym (although I had got up early to continue my pursuit of 100 press ups).

Seriously, this is why I find it hard to lose weight.  When I break, I break.  I'm not worried overly by the food in there - it's rare we'll have cakes in the house and they would have been eaten across the week anyway, at least they weren't stale last night.  But did we really need both bottles of wine?  We're supposed to be not drinking during the week.  Well, no more booze till Friday.  I need to show some will power and work out at least three times midweek.  And with the little lady at tennis tonight, that leaves me with the options of running outside or getting on the rower at home.  Or sitting on my ass playing Medieval 2.  I know what I'd prefer....

No comments:

Post a Comment