Thursday 11 November 2010

Current Stats - Redux

Been a bit lax in my updating lately, need to pick up the slack.  It's coincided with a drop off in my gym going too - only been twice this week (good sessions though at least, one bike session, one treadmill session) - and too much drinking at the weekend

To kickstart my re-use of this blog I'm going to update you on my stats.  I'm not using the gym's monitor any more (or often anyway).  If it can't calculate my height or body fat correctly, it's just telling me my weight.  Which my bathroom scales can do.  So I'm using those guys and leaving the body fat check till I can afford some decent calipers (any recommendations would be appreciated).  It also means I can do it at home at the same time each week, which will be Thursday mornings (should be longest time since I've had something to drink).

So weight this morning:

Weight: 194lbs/88kg

Woop!  I am under the 14 stone barrier finally.  Yeah it's in the morning before I've even had a glass of water but still, I'm not gonna bitch.  Between my original weigh in back on the 1st October, I've lost 8lbs.  More like 14lbs since I actually started taking my training seriously again which was a week or so before that.

I think the key to this has been my weekday breakfast of fruit without increasing my cals later in the day.  This has been an easy change to make, I love fruit anyway, and seems to be melting the fat off me despite my brief relapses into laziness.

Speaking of stripping out calories, I've often been having tuna sandwiches for lunch, but because one tin of tuna is too much for a single sandwich, it ends up two.  Frankly, I don't think I need the extra bread, even if it is wholemeal.  I often come away from lunch feeling a bit stuffed, which I don't want.  I think I'll just try stuff the sarnie for now and just munch at the counter whatever won't fit. 

In regards to training, the running seems to be really good in terms of both calorie burn and CV fitness, but it seems to have brought on a pain in my right hip.  I might alternate my sessions between the bike and the treadmill to help reduce this, at least till it stops.  I'm wondering if it's my stride doing the damage as I have long legs and the treadmill doesn't give me much room to stretch unless I'm going hard.  Let me know your thoughts if your reading this.

Okay, so with that good news I am going to re-motivate myself.  There's a chance I'll be in Oz next year so I want to be in good condition by the time I'm there.  A barman extraordinaire like myself (well I was before I wound up in a bank) needs to look their best if they want to maximise their tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment