Tuesday 23 November 2010

2 Week Health Kick

Okay, so I know my posting has been sloppy, my apologies.  This should pick up for a little while at least, as I'm going to do a 2 week health kick.

Myself and my darling dearest have decided to do a couple of weeks of heavy gym going (for us), good diet, low booze (boooo!).  Our attendance has slipped markedly compared to the previous two months (I told you it'd happen) so we need a boost to get us back in the game.  I'm aiming for five sessions a week; four mid week standard sessions, 1 long session at the weekend.  This is also about getting us to a point where have a little leeway over Christmas.  So this is my benchmark, where I am right now (192lbs).  I don't want to go back over it during the festive period.  If I lose about 3-4lbs before 23rd December (when work ends and the fun begins) that should be enough breathing space.  I'm hoping to be able to hit the gym at least once and do some walking (trudging*) through the snow so stabilise the damage.

As such, I shall be going back to basics and jotting down my consumption and exercise again.  A tad boring I know but it's helpful to keep me focused.

So yesterday I ate:

2 apples
1 orange
1 tuna sandwich (two slices of seeded batch bread, butter, 1 tin of drained tuna)
2 slices of toast, butter, marmite
1 Penguin (it's a biscuit, not a bird...)
Couple of small pieces of tikka chicken
1 pitta bread, toasted, a little houmous, a little tzatziki
1 Battered Haddock, Mash, Mushy peas, ketchup, can of Bass Shandy.

Okay, so not perfect but okay.  We're trying to clear out our freezer a little which is why the haddock is there.  The biscuit wasn't needed but I'm not gonna bitch at myself for it, it's not a regular thing.  Same goes for the shandy - I only ever drink it if I'm having some variant of battered or breaded fish (something about it just goes right).

Exercise?  45 mins running, usual cycle.  Was planning on an hour but my hip and leg were hurting so cut it short.  I think it might be just tension in the leg so I stretched it out after the run.  Followed with some crunches and reverse planks.

Easy, feels good.

Just gotta keep at it.


* Trudging - To trudge: the slow, weary, depressing - yet determined - walk of a man who has nothing left in life except the impulse to simply soldier on.

No comments:

Post a Comment