Wednesday 2 November 2011

Legs of lead

My legs are absolutely killing, and from really quite tragically low weight.  Got up again yesterday early to hit the gym.  Rowed (10 mins), squats (5xbar,5x40kg, 3sets x 5 reps x 60k), military press (warm up, increasing to 3 x 8 x 35k), leg curls (warm up, increasing to 3 x 8 x 35k), ab work, stretches, 5 mins more rowing while waiting for my wife to come out of the shower.

So yes, as I said, pretty damned low numbers to be this painful for.  Returning to squats is always a reminder you've been out of the gym too long, they really punish you.  Additionally, this was still on an empty stomach so not sure if the low energy meant I had to work harder.  Could be interesting to test that out.  On the flip side, no protein ready immediately for repair :(  Got home, protein shake (EAS at the moment, will be changing shortly), greak yoghurt and honey.  Had a beef stew for lunch (with bone stock, thanks Bova for introducing me to this).  All was going well untill I spotted the leftover sweets from Halloween.  Oh dear.  Munched my way through a bunch of them. 

Dinner was a pumpkin and steak risotto (more beef!). 

Resting today while the legs get a chance to recover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment