Monday 31 October 2011

Early mornings

So today is the first time I've went to the gym before a normal workday.  Kept it swift, 30+ mins on the spin bike, race setting, 450kcals.  10-15 mins calisthenics (squats, press ups, abs work).  Did it on an empty stomach (barring the half a coffee).  Got home within 30 mins, had protein shake (whey).  Now at work, bought some whole milk to have cups of if lunch isn't sufficient.  I've got some grapefruit here for my mid morning snack and tuna sandwiches for lunch.  Not sure what dinner will be tonight but I suspect it'll be a steak and pumpkin risotto.

All in all I feel pretty good for it.  It wasn't hard getting out of bed, the session felt great as I was fresh.  Now I can just come home after work and flop out knowing I don't have to be straight back out again.  Feel a bit sweaty mind - body overheating all morning.  Cold shower going forward, might take the edge off.

Good start, let's see if I'm in there again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment