Wednesday 16 November 2011

Good day

Yesterday I had the day off, as BT were supposed to be installing a new line to my house (they previously had activated someone else down the street - stupid new build address).  But it did mean that a) I could go to the gym for a decent session, b) eat fairly well and c) sign for my new Merrel Barefoot Trail Gloves...


I'll give them a review shortly.  They came after my gym session and I couldn't persuade the wife into a second in a day session.  So far though they seem like they will be good - plenty of room in the toe box while the heel to ball of foot section is so snug (but not constricting) it feels like a second skin, so I'm expecting near zero shearing.

So my day went like this -

Breakfast - Yoghurt and honey, small portion of cherry juice
Mid-morning snack - Apple
Pre-training - Slice of seeded wholemeal bread with peanut butter
Post-training - Whey protein (with water)
Lunch - Tuna sandwhich, same seedy wholemeal bread
Late Afternoon - More whey protein, this time with milk
Dinner - Roast sausage and winter veg (roast cumberland sausage, carrots, parsnips, onion and garlic all roasted in the juice and zest of one orange, served with mustard mash), followed my fresh mango and lemon juice.

Not bad at all for me. 

Exercise - 30 min walk to the gym, 15 mins hard sweating on the exercise bike (emphasising speed over power, I use the spin bike for the latter), dips (8 free weight, 5 dips with 5kg add, 5 with 10kg added, then a decline of 2 at 10kg, 2 at 5kg, arms like jelly, good good), straight legged deadlifts (8 at 20kg, 8 at 30kg, two sets of 8 at 40kg) and finally lateral pulldowns (yeah yeah I'll work back to pull ups when I'm feeling a little stronger.  10 at 25kg, 8 at 35kg, 8 at 42.5kg, 8 at 42.5kg, 8 at 30kg), then back on the exercise bike for another 15 mins hard pedalling, then a 30 min walk back home.

Also went out for a walk in the evening.  And actually was asleep by a little after 11.

If every day was like this I would be melting the fat off me in no time.  Sadly, I have a job (shouldn't say that in this climate..) so day's like this are few and far between. 

As for today, well I slept right through the alarm so I'll be hitting the gym after work but it does mean that the session can be longer than it would have been.  Food wise doing fine now, but then it is only 10:30am.

Keep moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment