Monday 21 November 2011

Catch up

Didn't get a chance to post on Friday so jotting this down now.  Hit the gym on Thursday evening for a reasonably light session.  15 mins running, 20 mins on the bike.  We'd left it too late when we set off for the gym to put the 10-20 additional minutes we'd have like to but that's life. 

The new trainers were great on the treadmill.  No slippage, brilliantly comfortable, good feel through the material.  My calves and tendon felt fine at the time but I was feeling an ache kick into the toes.  From what I've read this is normal as you develop strength to these areas, so I'm not worried.  The following day or so my calves were very noticeably bust up in the best of ways, so that's good.  Ate clean for the rest of the day.

Friday to Sunday I had off, though we did a fair share of trooping around shops on Saturday.  On Friday it was nothing but fruit and yoghurt for me till dinner, so far so good.  Then my first sweet, sweet beer of the weekend.  Following that was maybe 4 more beers, glass of white wine, half a bottle of red, drop of brandy.  Oh dear.

Saturday was more restrained on the booze, but as it's coming into Christmas season I had a couple of mince pies with cream, approx 300 calories a pop.  Ouch.

Sunday slipped a little on the booze (1 glasses of red, 2 glasses of mulled wine, glass of home made high strength cider, yum).  More mince pies.

So today will be clear execept I will be having a mince pie today and tomorrow.  I'm not tossing em out, not a chance in hell.  But otherwise diet will clean up.  I suspect I won't have time for the gym today so I'll look to do it tomorrow, hopefully go for a short run in the morning if we don't go to the gym till after work.

I will post stats later today if I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment