Wednesday 23 February 2011

Sweating buckets

Good session last night.  Rowing, spinning, brief bodyweight training and stretching.  All hard, all good.

On the rowing machine I'm getting better and better.  A couple of weeks ago my personal best for the 2k row was 8:14.  Then I cut that to 8:13.  Last week I got it down to 8:06.  Last night?  7:57.2  I maintained an average of over 1000 kcals/per her.  I thought that was pretty damned good.  Of course I had to look around the web to see what was a good time.  Hmm, it seems people at rowing clubs do it under 6:25.  Dicks.  However I did check out the world records and I am faster than anyone in the over 85+ category.  Go me.  I did spend few minutes checking out the records on the rower itself though and couldn't see anyone in the past few weeks doing better than me, so I'll content myself with being the fastest rower at my gym.  To have used that machine.  In the last fortnight.

Mrs. Fyrdman wasn't feeling great at the start of the session so I decided to go for a race day on the spinning bike, 30 mins.  480+ kcals in 30 minutes, according to the machine anyway, so I'm happy with that. 

As I say, topped off with a mix of bodyweight exercises - squats, bicycle crunches, more squats, reverse plank, more squats, stretching. 

Yesterdays eating was pretty much identical to Mondays except for dinner and that I had a few chinese snacks (two prawn toast, 2 spring rolls and some weird parcel thing, all tiny versions) as a pre-gym snack to stop me falling over.  Dinner was stir fried veg with honey and sesame seed chicken.  Oh yeah, and a handful of grapes.

All in all, not bad.  Not bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment